Monday, February 23, 2009

Peanut Butter Brownies

Mmmm peanut butter brownies- how could you not love this idea (unless you're allergic to peanuts)?

I'll tell you how- reading the recipe to find that you'll need a stick and half of butter to make an 8x8 in pan of brownies. That's 1.5 tbsp of butter per square inch of brownie.

Ok, so if you're not quite so calorie conscious as I am, you'd thoroughly enjoy this decadent dessert.

Line brownie pan with parchment, thusly:

Mix up your choc (melted), butter, sugar and eggs:

and then make the peanut butter swirl sauce- a combo of vanilla, sugar peanut butter and- you guessed it- even more unsalted butter:



Scott actually helped cook this recipe- normally he's on camera duty, but he got this nice jar shot before he started in on his mixing:


after all this, you add dry ingredients to your chocolate batter


then move to your papered pan, and swirl in the peanut butter sauce- cutting with a knife.


Very heavy, and a bit dry which I couldn't believe based on fat in both batters. All in all a nice taste. I served at our Oscar party, and most folks liked them, but I have to say I was expecting a bit more out of my first homemade brownie recipe.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These turned out like a cross between brownies and cake. They were good, but not entirely what I was expecting. They were very filling, and certainly required a glass of milk to help wash them down. Highly recommended for your next Oscar party!