Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Oatmeal Raisin- One of My Favorites

Yah! Finally something more normal for Scott! Oh, but wait- not a big raisin fan- oops. Well I already bought the tub of oatmeal (and we don't eat oatmeal that often) so I'm going ahead with this recipe anyway. Also, kudos to him for this excellent oatmeal action shot.



I may be repeating myself here- but I'm slowly getting the hang of this- cream butter and sugar, mix dry and incorporate!



The more I say it, the quicker I get. I didn't think this experiment would make me actually enjoy baking, but much to my surprise, I think it's growing on me- the routine of it perhaps? I love routines- dance routines, ice skating routines, daily routines- so I suppose I should have know all along....I just hope I'm not addicted- I made 4 batches of cookies this week- so I may have to throttle back.

Back to the recipe, same as the last one I made add in your flavor- raisins and wheat germ in this case, spoon onto baking sheet and throw into the oven.

A lovely batch- halved and still came out with about 24 cookies. Co-workers loved them- who wouldn't they're a staple American lunch dessert. I unfortunately can't say the same for the hubs.


No comments: