Monday, February 2, 2009

Honey Florentines

I take it back about the macaroons- these have to be the easiest thing to make in the book. And so pretty! Only 5 ingredients, including honey which always makes things taste good in my opinion. Combo the sugar and butter to simmer:

Mix dry into the prepared sauce:


then drop on a cookie sheet and bake for six minutes! Six minutes!! How can it get any better.




After they bake (did I say it was only for six minutes already??), you should certainly heed the recipe's advice to let them cool completely before removing from the baking surface.





It always takes me a bit longer to finish since I'm photoing the whole process, but sans photography time, I bet I whipped these up in about 10 minutes. They are freaking awesome. I'm not a big fan of over-sized floury cookies- I much prefer something more delicate. These are paper thin, and remind me of lace. They have a crunch, but almost melt in your mouth after you bite. They would be a perfect piece to top a fancy sorbet or ice cream dessert. I may try these again with some additional flavor- lemon, almond perhaps.

I highly recommend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In my opinion, these cookies work best as a compliment to something else - like a cup of tea or coffee after a BIG meal. While the delicate nature left me feeling there was somewhat of a lack of substance, these cookies were probably most visually appealing of the bunch so far. I liked being able to look through them and see the cook.