Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Madelines

I got a very lovely valentines day gift from Scott- a new cookie tray, and decided to use it immediately as I had all of the essential ingredients for making Madelines. This particular varietal is lemon flavored, so it included along with cake flour, some butter and eggs, a bit of lemon juice and rind.

Can you tell by now that we had a technical flub? In my excitement to try out my new pan, I neglected to notice that my camera battery was out of juice, before mixing the batter, so you guys get no procedural photos, only the end shot. I can tell you that baking these is pretty easy - the only tough part was getting the dough into the pan.

Grease pan liberally, and I'd even grease the spoon. After letting this dough rest for a half hour as per the recipe- it became quite sticky. Oh- and do abide their request to fill only 3/4 full- although that's a little difficult to eyeball due to the odd nature of the pan recessions- the one's that I overfilled definitely bubbled over and kind of lost their pretty shape and golden edges.

No comments: