Friday, March 27, 2009

Pistachio Lemon Wafers

Maybe it's my affinity for lemon flavor, but I thought these were excellent. I'm finding, with each recipe, baking cookies is not nearly as difficult or time consuming as I initially thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of very intricate recipes with multiple layers, that are technically challenging, but just as many are fairly easy and quick- including this one.

Only levener was a whipped egg white with salt. Whip to stiff peaks:

Then add in chopped pistachios (finely chopped) and brown sugar, a little flour and lemon juice.

Spoon a couple of inches apart on baking sheet and in the cooker for 10 min.



At first i was nervous, because I hardly "finely chopped" the pistachios. For the significant lack of chopping, the cookies were surprisingly well balanced, they weren't that chunky. The lemon flavor, like I said, really made it for me- nice after dinner cookie.

No comments: