Friday, March 20, 2009

Grammy's Chocolate Cookie

I don't remember my Grammy making anything like this, but I guess Martha's did. Super easy- or maybe I'm just slowly getting better at this. The only thing that took some extra time was the chilling.

I started with a cream of sugar, butter, vanilla and egg- then mixed in chocolate, flour and some other dry ingredients:

I love the look of this dough- so dark it's almost black. You know there's plenty of chocolate in there...I had to rest it in the fridge in some plastic wrap, but I had a bite to taste before I put it to bed. Mmmm, chocolate flavored sugar butter...sooo good. Sorry, this photo's not so appetizing- but just wait- I'll make it up to you.




Once the slab was chilled, enough, I made 1.25 inch balls of dough, rolled in turbinado sugar- subbed for sanding sugar.



They baked up perfectly. This is the first recipe that really came out the way the book pictured, so I was very pleased! I topped a bowl of ice cream with one that was fresh out of the oven and gave it to Scott for dessert. He was not disappointed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally, Jess has gotten back to the cookie oven after a too long period of slacking.

Good news: she hasn't lost the touch.

These were, in a word, AWESOME.

But, you're only as good as your next cookie ... what's next, Jess ?