Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sand Dollars

So appropriate. I'm not sure what happened around here, but I know 95 degrees is not a normal temperature for the DC metro area in late April. It was a scorcher. Yeah, I got a little burned, but what are you going to do. Met the fam at Maryland Day, but I needed some supplemental gift cookies for Dad, so I finished these off before we left the house.

Stop me if you've heard this before.

Cream butter and sugar.



Add in your flavorings- lemon zest and vanilla this time, along with eggs.





Add in some flour and let it rest in the fridge before you cut out 3 in. rounds. I don't have many cookie cutters, so my glasses have to do.



After they're on the cookie sheet- brush with egg white, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and place almonds thusly (sanddollarly).



Bake and enjoy. As a side note I brought them to meet Dad and we got a burrito at Chipotle. A few people in line asked if they could try one and since dad didn't mind, I passed some around. I'm not a huge huge fan, but the Chipotle clientèle must have an affinity for desserts that resemble seashells. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These were tasty little cookies. I wish I got a chance to eat more than one, but the burritos and guac/chips were just too filling.

The placement of the almonds was a nice idea. The aesthetics were as pleasant as the taste. Good job, Chef and Sous Chef Roni.