Thursday, September 24, 2009

Chocolate Crackles

So it's been a busy summer. I've been out of town quite a bit over the weekend, hence the lack of cookie posts. For updates on that, you can go to my other blog (yes I'm a blogging fiend...http://jesshoma.wordpress.com/.

This was nice way to break back into baking season. Although the dough needed to rest in the fridge for a couple of hours (which was fine since I had to do a 10 mile run that day anyway- marathon training- again: http://jesshoma.wordpress.com/), the actual mixing didn't take that long, and the baking was quick. I guess the most time consuming part was the sugar rolling. So here we go...

Mix the Dry:

Melt a bunch of chopped bittersweet baking chocolate and melt with some butter before beginning to mix. Look closely and you might even see a little Pepper in the background (not of the flavor palate, but of the photo)





After you mix the chocolate with the dry goods, some milk, an egg, some vanilla and cocoa powder it sits in the fridge to firm up.

Next you roll 1 diameter balls, coat in granulated sugar first, then confectioners. And into the oven:


After 15 minutes at 350- they're cracked and gorgeous! Tell me that's not a perfect Christmas cookie! Too bad it's only September, but I'm ready for the holidays (I'm even mostly done present shopping! ::ducking tomatoes::).


No comments: