Friday, April 3, 2009

Chocolate Malt Sandwhiches

Two in the same night- it was a long one!

These bad boys I made to accompany some cherry ice cream (also for blossom festivities). They're a chocolate cookie sandwich with a cream cheese frosting filling.

I ended up halving this recipe, and I still ended up with a ton of cookies. I made about 16 sandwiches, so 32 cookies, with half the batter.

I love cream cheese frosting, so these were right up my ally. I caution those of you with husbands that are less than enthusiastic about cream cheese to temper your expectations, and prepare to consume yourself or share with fam and office mates.. ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not a big cream cheese fan, but these were pretty good. Unlike most cookies, I felt these got a little better with time. Usually there's nothing I enjoy more than a cookie hot and fresh out of the oven. But in my initial taste test, the cream cheese filling hadn't yet hardened and spilled out all over the outer chocolate cookies. When I tried some more the next day, almost magically, they held their form and tasted much improved. Overall, not my favorite recipe, but a very solid cookie.